I thought I would look at animal babies for this heading! So here are a few fun facts about baby animals!
- A male jaguar cub grows quicker than a female! By the time they are 2 they are already twice the size of a female cub!
- Baby Marmosets babble to communicate in the exact same way a human baby babbles!
- Baby Dolphins have little spines on the side of their tongue. This then creates something like a straw so that when they are drinking their mother’s millk it doesn’t get water in.
- When two puppies play fight the male will pretty much always let the female win!
- Orangutan babies will stay with their mother until they are about seven or eight years old and fully weaned
- A baby rhino’s horn will start growing when they are around 3 or 4 months old
- Where a human baby likes to suck their thumb, an elephant baby likes to suck their trunk!
- Manatee calves nurse underwater from teats under their mothers flippers.
- When a baby grizzly bear is able to leave it’s mother it will always set up it’s new home close to their mother.
- Baby pigeons live in the nest for the first 30 days. This is why you will never see a baby pigeon!
So that’s just 10 fun facts about baby animals!!!